Things You Didn’t Know About Pesticides – Stay Updated and Safe

334 0

Pesticides are essential when it comes to removing pests from your house or office. Since they are uninvited guests, you need to take them out forcefully. If they stay for a while, they are able to become large in number and get out of control. Pesticides are needed to get them out of the place. Even using professional pest control near me uses these chemicals to eliminate them for a long time. However, these harsh chemicals may be harmful to kids, seniors, pregnant women and pets.

Why do we need to use pesticides?

While several pest control methods are there to control pests in the house, pesticides are the common ones.  The major reason is because of the availability and ease of using them. It has been observed that they can be used in different parts of the house and can be bought from a nearby local store. Mostly, the instructions to use them are written on the label making it a simple option to get rid of pests. They are effective on them and can give results in a few days only. Some of the pests can immediately be removed with the help of pesticides.

Which pests can be eliminated using pesticides?

If you have some of the below-mentioned pests in your house, you can use these chemicals to get rid of them permanently:

  • Insects 
  • Rodents 
  • Termites
  • Ants 
  • Mosquitoes 
  • Cockroaches
  • Bed bugs

These chemicals can affect their growth and infestations to a great extent. However, it is suggested to identify the pests before buying any pesticides. 

How can pesticides enter your body?

Many people cannot believe that these chemicals can enter our bodies and attack the immune system without our knowledge. Some of the ways have been discussed below:

Touching a pesticide

If you have touched a bottle or container of a pesticide and consumed a food item or drink right after touching it, you are likely to let it enter your body and affect your digestion and immunity system.

Through clothes 

If you have touched clothes that have been used while performing pest control, you can also have them in your body.


If you have inhaled sprays, chemicals or any vapors, it can enter your respiratory system.

If you are getting pest control done in your house, you need to be careful about these chemicals. It is a good idea to ask the company about precautions. 

Related Post